What we value and believe affect who we are and how we live our lives. Therefore even though we seek to hold a generous and pilgrim theology we believe some foundational truths as God's people.
What we believe about God
- There is only one God, revealed to us in the scriptures in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
How we view the Bible
- The scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, being divinely inspired, can be trusted fully to reveal and lead us to the way of salvation and can help us live lives that reflect God's glory.
- Everyone has sinned and fallen short of God's glory.
- The death of Jesus Christ is the only way by which we may receive God's forgiveness and be reconciled to Him. By our Saviour’s death, and our faith in Him, we are put right with God.
- The Holy Spirit lives within the believer and helps them to live the kind of life which pleases God.
- Those who place their faith in Jesus Christ receive eternal life, and are assured that what God begins God will finish.
Things God's people should do
- Announce God's Gospel, Demonstrate God's love, Celebrate God's presence
- Christ calls all who believe in Him to be baptised and to remember Him in the Lord's Supper.